Red Velvet

18:56

Photobucket

Dress - Pussycat, Socks - Topshop, Shoes - Office, Headband - What Katy Did Next

I do apologise for my recent slacking. I've got no excuse really, other than my boyfriend has been busy studying for his medical finals which means I am sans photographer. I've been dying to wear this socks and dress combo for about a week now and becasuse I like it so much, I really wanted to have some sort of photographic evidence! So this is my attempt at a decent outfit shot using the tripod in the kitchen (I'm too scared to take pictures outside on my own!). Not the best, but I think you get the gist.

Oh, and these socks are amazing! So comfy, and the don't fall down - pulling up socks (and tights) is just the bane of my life. But these are so great, I'm even considering going back to buy another pair... or three.

Photobucket

I made some more cupcakes over the weekend using a recipe from Eat Me. They are supposed to be Red Velvet, but there is nothing red about them! I think the problem may have been that the cocoa I used was too dark, but even so I'm not sure I will bake these again, or at least not with this recipe. I've never tried a Red Velvet cupcake before so it may be that I just made a mistake, but they had a strange texture and were denser than normal cupcakes. If anybody knows of a better Red Velvet recipe then please do point me in the right direction, as I'd love to know what they're really supposed to be like.


You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Here's a recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes. I haven't tried it myself, though.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That outfit and cupcakes look very cute :D

    xoxo Sootjeelina <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those socks! And the fact that you dont have to keep pulling them up makes them even more appealing!
    Those cupcakes look amazing! I love the magic stars on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recipe in the hummingbird bakery cookbook is quite good. It's hard to get them really red, it's best to use a gel paste colour because it doesn't make the cake batter runnier then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. phwoarr. I love the outfit .
    The dress is so nice !
    And don't even get me started on the cupcakes, just looking at them makes my mouth water :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow love the white socks! they really add something to the look! & those cupcakes! omnomnom! i made red velvet before but used food colouring to colour it! like helen said, gel colouring is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your interview went well! I love those socks.

    My boyfriend loves red velvet cupcakes and his birthday's in a week and a half, so I'll definitely be giving them a try sometime soon. When I've had shop-made versions the cream cheese frosting always overpowers the actual cupcake (not a bad thing, really).

    ReplyDelete
  8. those cupcakes looks so yummy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the babydoll dress and knee socks! Such a cute print. Cupcakes are the best! They look so pretty even if they didn't turn out how you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love ur hair!♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute dress! Are those magic stars on the cupcakes?! haha i love them :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images